Tuesday, July 10, 2012
The Sign ✖ 8:51 AM
"The difference is that you should live in Los Angeles if you ever want to experience anything resembling actual pleasure. I will cop to being a cripplingly ambitious person. I want all things right now, and will do pretty much whatever it takes to have them. I appreciate knowing that I am on a path to material gratification and social acceptance. Whether or not I actually am is up for debate. Only a person on the outside of my experience can really tell me if what I am doing with my life is going to assist my desire. I want to believe I am making all the right moves, but a creative impulse can only truly be validated by outside stimulus. In between all of that pressure and self-doubt, it would be kinda nice to go to the beach."
– Dave Schilling
I've been thinking, and praying, and sometimes in the deepest moment of doubt you find yourself all kinds of things to appear as a sign. Religious callings, are said to be deeply personal, like God was addressing you directly (but indirectly). Only you can understand and experience that message which changes everything that you've already thought you'd figure out or not. Although my agenda is hardly religious, I somehow feel I know what I want and have to do. Whether it catapults me into a dream or not, I know that I cannot settle for mediocre and monoculture.
Unless I'm living on the edge, sacrifices that I make are merely kind intentions and sensible habits.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Cold ✖ 8:08 AM
I want to swim in the ocean
I wanna take my time
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Guess what I'm trying to say is... ✖ 8:40 AM
Labels: love, true story, tumblr
Thursday, August 18, 2011
formspring.me ✖ 8:44 AM
Speak the truth even if your voice shakes. http://formspring.me/papertripper
Monday, June 27, 2011
50 reasons not to date a graphic designer ✖ 9:36 PM
Got this off A Bourbon for Silvia
The text in bold are the ones that I think occurs often in people I know (and myself).1. They are very weird people.
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA.5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
6. They hate each other.
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits.
8. They cant change a light bulb or without making a sketch.9. They fuck up all the tables with their cutters.
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
13. They make collages with your photos.14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late.19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica.20. They use iPhone for everything, because everyone has one.21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.22. They steal street signs.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as …
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.30. They want to save the world only with a poster.31. You will spend the day brainstorming.32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra.35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.36. They listen to music you have never heard of.
37. They can't cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics …39. When you are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their facebook and twitter.
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city.43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store.
44. You will never understand their gifts.45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearim them screaming “When is the deadline?”47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs.
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.
Somehow I think there are a few more reasons but for now 50 reasons is quite a handful.
Labels: life, love, work
Saturday, April 30, 2011
So many words, and only one way to say them. ✖ 8:35 AM
You can't just sit there and put everybody's lives ahead of yours
And think that counts as love
Uno Numero ✖ 1:59 AM
We can only hope for so much.